Code of Business Conduct
buddi places the highest value on the ethical behaviour and integrity of its directors, officers, employees and representatives. All directors, officers and employees and all representatives, are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations and for knowing and complying with buddi's Code of Business Conduct.
Violations of law or buddi's Code of Business Conduct are subject to disciplinary procedures.
buddi's Code of Business Conduct includes its fundamental guiding principles and policies on:
- Complying with the law
- Business dealings
- Bribery or corruption
- Gifts and entertainment
- Business partners
- Fair dealing
- Conflicts of interest
- Equal opportunities policies
- Health and safety
- Environmental policy
- Protecting buddi's assets
- Client confidentiality
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Disciplinary procedures
Customer Care Policy
buddi is committed to providing the highest quality services to its customers and continually strives to achieve this through:
- A corporate ethos that makes customer service and customer satisfaction our top priority.
- Talking to our customers about their needs, so that we exceed their expectations and continuously increase their satisfaction levels.
- Seeking new ways of improving our products and services.
- The appointment of a customer care manager responsible for:
- implementing policy and procedures that will achieve consistent standards of excellent service and customer satisfaction;
- monitoring the success of the policy through customer feedback; and
- training staff at all levels to understand what customer care means to buddi.
Environment and Sustainable Development
We at buddi carefully develop products and services specifically designed to benefit people and our approach is to achieve this without harming our planet or exhausting its resources. We also believe that practicing Sustainable Development makes good business sense.
buddi is committed to continually improving our ecological performance as our product lines and manufacturing operations evolve. We will continue to monitor how our operations impact the environment and strive for continuous improvements.
We recognise that our day-to-day operations can impact the environment both directly and indirectly. We aim to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practices wherever possible. We will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives throughout our operations wherever possible.
Our objectives in this pursuit are to consider the environmental impact of the total life cycle of our products and operations, including:
- Minimize pollution to land, air and water.
- Reduce water and energy use.
- Minimize waste and increase recycling.
- Efficiently use of materials.
- Reduce energy consumption by our products.
- Avoid the use of hazardous or toxic substances.
- Recycle products.
- Work with our manufacturing partners to limit environmental impact in the manufacturing process.
- Respect for communities – be an environmentally responsible member of the communities in which we operate, taking steps to prevent environmental incidents.
We consider the sustainability impact of the total life cycle of a product, including:
- Provide products that contribute to a more energized and improved life.
- Avoid the use of hazardous or toxic substances to mitigate environmental impacts of our products.
Environmental Management System
Due to the scale and the nature of buddi's business operations, buddi is likely to have a low impact on the environment. Nevertheless we are committed to the implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS) designed to reduce or eliminate our impact on the environment.
The purpose of the EMS is to establish buddi’s environmental impact by identifying the operations and practices that affect the environment. These may be:
- The direct result of the processes and practices employed by buddi.
- The indirectly result of supplier practices.
- The consequential impact as a result of the products and services provided by buddi to clients and customers.
buddi is taking a phased approach in line with BS8555:2003 to the implementation of its EMS system. These phases are:
- Committing the company to implementing its EMS and assessing its current impact on the environment.
- Identifying and ensuring compliance with legal and other accepted requirements.
- Developing objectives, targets and programmes to ensure they are met.
- Implementing and managing the EMS system.
- Monitoring, Auditing and reviewing effectiveness and progress.
- Obtaining certification or verification by a competent authority.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
This policy is a natural extension of business development at buddi and is designed to allow every individual to achieve their full potential. It should also create a working environment where colleagues feel respect and trust for each other. The objectives of buddi’s equal opportunities plan are that men and women should receive equal salaries for carrying out the same work, that it should be possible to combine work and family life, that an employee’s skills and experience should be valued, and that sexual harassment should not be tolerated.
buddi aims to be an equal opportunities employer so that men and women are offered the same options regarding work, recruitment, conditions of employment and chances of personal development at work.
buddi will actively work against differences in salary or conditions of employment between men and women where both genders carry out the same work. The company will also promote equal career and salary development for both genders.
Salaries within buddi are to be based on competence, the levels of responsibility and/or difficulty a position involves performance and market forces. Gender is not a factor in setting salaries. Should it transpire that discrimination in salary matters due to gender has been an issue within the company, corrective measures are to be taken immediately.
buddi is to provide employees with the chance to combine work and home life and the company will look favourably on maternity/paternity leave, and will encourage both genders to take out their entitlement.
Working conditions are to be suitable for both men and women; both in terms of the physical and psychological working environment.
buddi strives towards equal representation of both genders in its workforce. The company welcomes applications from both men and women for jobs and wherever possible tries to encourage applications from the gender that is under-represented.
All employees at buddi are fully aware of the company’s position and its objectives concerning equal opportunities.
buddi does not tolerate any form of offensive behaviour, be it in the form of sexual harassment or any other form of discrimination.
Equal opportunities should be a natural part of our business development and will be promoted in everyday matters and work-related issues. An integral phase in this process is to draw up an equal opportunities plan every year. This plan should contain short and long-term measures and should follow up measures and activities that have been put into practice.
Ethical Trading Initiative
buddi is committed to assuring that labour standards are maintained in line with those set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative base code.
This commitment is communicated throughout the company and to our suppliers and sub-contractors (including closely associated self- employed staff).
buddi's suppliers are made aware of the code and buddi's is committed to sourcing from suppliers who observe the standards in the code.
buddi's Head of Operations is responsible for the implementation of compliance with the code.
Health and Safety Policy
We at buddi understand the essential nature of a commitment to a robust health and safety policy that takes into account all those involved with our company. We are committed to operating the business in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all applicable regulations made under the Act 'so far as reasonably practicable'. The nature of our work means we have a major impact on the lives of our customers and the health and safety of all our stakeholders is paramount.
Our processes outline the chain of command in terms of health and safety management:
- Who is responsible to whom and for what (Senior Management, Health and Safety Committee, Health and Safety Representatives).
- How is the accountability fixed ensure that delegated responsibilities are undertaken, and it remains the duty of management to see that everything reasonably practicable is done to prevent personal injury in the processes of production, and in the design, construction, and operation of all plant, machinery and equipment, and to maintain a safe and healthy place of work.
- How the policy implementation is monitored.
We are committed to continual process monitoring, detailing practical arrangements by which our policies are effectively implemented, including:
- employee consultation;
- safety training;
- safe systems of work;
- environmental control;
- safe place of work;
- safe plant and equipment;
- noise and dust control;
- radiation safety;
- use of toxic materials;
- utilisation of safety representatives;
- fire safety and prevention;
- medical facilities and welfare;
- maintenance of records and arrangements;
- accident reporting and investigation;
- emergency procedures and workplace monitoring;
- ensuring employee understanding of policies; and
- revision and monitoring of policies.
All of our products are safety tested to the strictest regulations.
Data Protection Act
buddi takes its responsibilities under the Data Protection Act very seriously; and in accordance with the Act, and guidance provided by the Information Commissioner's Office, buddi complies with the eight principles ensuring that personal information is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed.
- Processed for limited purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Accurate and up to date.
- Not kept for longer than is necessary.
- Processed in line with their rights.
- Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
Servers - Linux operating system with Apache web server, MySQL Database and High-capacity data centre provided by Hetzner.
Security features - Application firewall via mod security, network firewall, Brute Force protection, DOS (Denial Of Service) attack protection, monitoring of critical services and problem notification via SMS/server status page.
All web activities are logged and system logs continuously analysed for problems. Constant upgrade of services, tools and patches.
Penetration testing - Servers go through an initial security setup and are subject to regular test using security tools e.g. nessus, nmap etc.
Immediately patches or system updates employed to counter known security vulnerability and subscription to internet security advisory sites enable early identification unknown of security vulnerability.
On site backups - Weekly full backups, daily incremental backups (backup only of files which are modified or new), daily MySQL backups and MySQL replication (the mirror server always has the latest database available at any point). Backups are stored on both servers.
Mirror server provides a backup Server with an exact copy of the main server.
Off site backups - daily MySQL database backups are sent encrypted to an offsite server.
buddi is committed to protecting its customers’ on-line privacy. We use the information we collect about customers to process orders and to provide a personalised service to customers when customers visit our website.
What data do we collect?
So that we can provide a personalised service, we may, upon registration or at other times, ask customers to submit information such as their name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and, in connection with their password, an answer to a question that only customers would know. Customers are under no obligation to provide such information. However, should customers choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide customers with certain services. In addition, when customers are ordering goods and services, we may need to know their payment details (such as their credit or debit card number and related information).
How is the information used?
We will use the information customers provide to us to:
- identify visitors;
- process payments, orders or applications submitted by customers;
- improve the content of our website;
- customise the content and/or layout of our page for each individual customer;
- provide advertisements that are relevant to customers and which support any specific requests;
- administer their account(s) and subscription(s) with us;
- carry out research on our customers' demographics, interests and behaviour; and
- send customers information we think customers may find useful, including information about new products and services (if customers have chosen to receive such information).
Customers can tell us not to contact them, or share their information with a third party, either at initial registration or later through updates or amendments to their personal information. We may occasionally send customers communications about products and services we feel may be of interest to customers. This will only come from us (or our agents) and only if customers consent to receive these offers. If at any future time customers do not wish to continue to receive these communications, then send an email with the word “unsubscribe” to email@example.com.
With whom is the information shared?
At times, we may enter into co-branding arrangements with other reputable organisations, with whom their personal information may be shared; or disclose their personal information to business partners or sponsors, but in either case their consent is sought prior to collecting the data or prior to transferring it. Please note that certain services may be unavailable if customers do not want us to disclose information relating to customers as outlined above.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our Website visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law (for example, if required to do so by a Court order) or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of buddi, the Website or its visitors.
Other than as described above, we will only disclose personal information to a third party, either as part of the reorganisation or sale of the assets of buddi, or having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that their privacy rights continue to be protected. This Website may, from time to time, contain links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such Websites.
We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure software to encrypt financial information input by customers before it is sent to us. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
Log Files/IP Address
When customers visit our Website, we may automatically log their IP address (the unique address which identifies their computer on the Internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to their hard drive to store and sometimes track information about customers. This information facilitates their use of our Website and helps us to provide customers with the best level of service; for example cookies ensure that customers do not need to re-enter their details every time customers visit our Website and help us to show customers advertisements, which are relevant to their interests.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if customers prefer, they can change their browser to prevent that and their help screen or manual will tell customers how to do this. However, customers may not be able to take full advantage of our Website if they do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track their movements around the Internet. Although they do identify a user's computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- identify our customers and access their account information;
- estimate our audience size and patterns;
- ensure that customers are not asked to register twice;
- control how often visitors see similar ads;
- track preferences and to improve and update our Website; and
- track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
Where is my information stored?
Information that customers submit via this Website is sent to a computer located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"). This is necessary in order to process the information and to send customers the information customers have requested. Information submitted by customers may be transferred by us to our other offices and to other reputable third party organisations, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in countries which may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer their information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that their privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your acceptance of these terms
Customers have a legal right to a copy of the personal information about customers held by us. Customers also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, customers have a right to prevent us using their personal information for direct marketing purposes.
buddi manages quality through a series of QA and QC processes at each stage of product specification, design and production.
Our production team has a designated QA manager.
Our manufacturing facility is a BSEN9001:2000 approved facility.
All workmanship is carried out to IPC-A-610 class 3, which is the highest standard, and which is an international award for the quality of manufacture.
Staff Development and Training
buddi is committed to the development of its staff, including through training, in order to maintain, update and enhance their work related knowledge, skills and capabilities, so as to maximise their performance, commitment and contribution to buddi and its customers.
The following principles guide the Staff Development and Training Policy and apply to all aspects of staff development and training activity.
All buddi staff are required to undertake development and training, which is viewed as a continuous process.
Buddi has appointed a Training and Development Manager responsible for:
- The identification of individual training and development needs. Individual training and development needs will be assessed annually.
- The evaluation of staff development and training to ensure that it is adequate, relevant, effective and provides value for money.
- Supporting and encouraging staff.
In the following order of priority, buddi will resource:
- Training required as a result of new or changed legislation.
- Training required as a result of a change in job description.
- Training that increases an employee’s ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of their existing post.
- In-house development designed to create a consistency of approach to buddi’s customer care policy.
- In-house development designed to create a consistency of approach to buddi’s other policies.
- Induction programmes for all new staff, including on-the-job training.
WEEE "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment"
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away in the UK is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream.
- Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- Manufacturers and distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
Both buddi and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment. buddi will undertake their responsibility as a Producer to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation.
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
If the symbol shown above is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations.
buddi Limited is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their buddi units on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new device from us.
If a customer buys a new buddi from us we will accept their old buddi and prevent it going into a landfill site by recycling the unit or disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. (The cost of the return is the responsibility of the customer).
When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled.
Information on your local Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) recycling facilities within the UK, is available from www.recycle-more.co.uk